We’re not just another Internet of Things technology company
Mission Data is launching the OpSense IoT platform for the foodservice and retail industries to boost productivity, track assets, and improve ROI. Eventually we plan to expand to other industry verticals with similar needs.
Built for large grocery, QSRs, and C-store chains, the platform’s core capabilities focus on intelligent monitoring of critical aspects of onsite operations. Architected for flexibility and scalability, OpSense can readily incorporate with existing tech. The solution is built by Mission Data’s expert engineers on a powerful and secure cloud-based architecture.
The IoT sensor network can monitor temperature, humidity, open doors, HVAC conditions, lighting, and more. OpSense offers the following features to eliminate human errors in managing critical store and restaurant operations and help companies transition to a digitally optimized environment:
- Improve food safety: Alert staff via text, email, or phone when temperature-related conditions arise that require management or employee attention or action.
- Manage regulatory compliance: Maintain historical data and information necessary to support compliance with government and industry regulations.
- Reduce labor costs: Eliminate human error and save hundreds of hours of productivity with automated logging, rather than costly and error-prone manual observation.
The OpSense platform is based on a wireless temperature monitoring solution created by Kroger, the largest supermarket chain in the U.S., which is now deployed in nearly 3,000 of their stores and is giving the Fortune 50 retail giant a 5:1 ROI.
How It Works
- Status/Alert: A suite of enterprise grade sensors can be placed directly in areas critical to operations, such as: freezers and refrigerators, storage, doors, lighting, HVAC systems, and even transportation fleets. The sensors connect to gateways through either wired or wireless connections.
- Notifications: Set notifications for anomalies based on customizable threshold values for individual sensors or sensor groups. Alert staff via email, SMS text, and automated phone call to protect your assets around-the-clock.
- Monitoring/Reporting: Customizable web-based dashboards provide real-time monitoring and seamless data analytics. Tools are included to drill down into the live data to ensure accurate decisionmaking and generate reports for regulatory compliance. Access your OpSense command center from anywhere in the world using your secure username and password on any Internet-connected device.
“The benefits of IoT temperature monitoring are tremendous,” said Brett Bonner, Vice President of Research & Development at Kroger. “The labor savings justified the solution, but the food safety and quality benefits became our biggest driver for rolling it out across our enterprise.”
“OpSense empowers enterprises to capture operational data and transform site operations,” said Stuart Gavurin, CEO, Mission Data. “We’ve worked with big-box retailers and QSRs for decades developing smart digital products that ensure quality control and reduce friction for employees and customers.”
OpSense is available now, and we provide provide end-to-end services for our customers encompassing software development, sensor development, installation, user training, service and support. To learn more, visit www.opsense.com.